1. It is outrageous and funny. For a ‘superhero’ film, the satirical comedic style places Kick-Ass somewhere in between The Dark Knight and Superbad.
2. The art direction is stunning. The striking use of colour and dynamic frame composition really pay homage to its comic book origins.
3. The second half. While starting off slow with a sort of teenaged masturbation angst, the final hour is shockingly Tarantino-esque.
4. So much social commentary. After the movie, you can talk about: feminism, ethics of online video consumption, bystander intervention, child pornography, and lots more.
5. Nicholas Cage is Big Daddy. And his 11-year-old daughter calls drug dealers “cunts” before she massacres them. Epic.
Because that’s what the Wu-Tang Clan nickname generator told me.
"I felt you in my legs, before I ever met you."nineteen - tegan and sara